A learning organization is one that is constantly expanding its capacity to create its future. In this type of organization, each situation creates a learning environment with each action being related to the next. In addition, becoming a learning organization does not guarantee that the organization as a whole will learn — personal mastery must also take place. Another form of systems learning involves teams. Through team learning the entire group becomes more proficient.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
• Instructors will be using a grading rubric to grade the assignments. It is recommended that learners review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment in order to become familiar with the assignment criteria and expectations for successful completion of the assignment.
• Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments. The APA Style Guide is located in the Student Success Center.
• This assignment requires that at least two additional scholarly research sources related to this topic, and at least one in-text citation from each source be included.
Write a 1,000-1,250-word paper that discusses team learning and personal mastery. Address the following in your paper:
1. Compare systems thinking to a learning organization.
2. Describe how personal mastery integrates within the team learning concept.