Book Club Meeting #2
Reading assignment: Tuesdays with Morrie, pages 53-107
After completing the assigned reading in the book, post your answers to the questions below to your group, and then discuss among yourselves.
- Examine Morrie’s observations about self-pity.
- Analyze Morrie’s opinions regarding regret and Mitch’s reaction.
- Review Mitch’s list of lessons on page 66. Is there anything you would add to the list? Is there anything you would remove? Why does Morrie believe that he can help the living look at daily life in a different perspective?
- Discuss the dialog between Mitch and Morrie regarding death. Analyze Morrie’s statement, “Once you learn how to die, you learn how to live” (page 82). Do you agree or disagree with this statement?
- Think of one more question or idea that you can discuss with members of your group.